Permanent position, working 30 hours on a rota basis 3 / 7 days Friday to Sunday (inclusive).
The successful Candidates must be Flexible and available to work at busy peak periods and holiday times.
We currently seek to recruit a night porter to ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome to the Hotel, setting the scene for their stay and ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned. The Night Porter will be responsible for the security of the hotel and its guests over night.
• Ensure that the service offered by all team members is personal and memorable. That guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up. Build relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return.
• Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel.
• Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODs or Managers if unable to handle.
•Assist guests with any requests eg information, making bookings, directions.
• Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
• Be fully conversant with handling of reservation enquiries. Ensure a good understanding of all Hotel regulations.
• Tour all areas of the hotel on a regular basis and report irregularities.
• Ensure all access to the hotel is secure as required by hotel policy and procedure. Perform any related security duties as required overnight.
• Complete all incident reports, record any unusual occurrences or problems arising to the Duty Manager and take appropriate action.
• Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures.
• Ensure that wake up calls are made promptly, order and deliver newspapers.
• Be fully conversant with and adhere to hotel standards of operation and department procedures.
• Ensure accuracy of guest bills.
• Report any faulty equipment to the relevant persons.
• Be familiar with current licensing regulations.
• Carry out any other reasonable requests made by management
• General Housekeeping duties.
Previous experience in a similar role may be considered advantageous.
T Mc Conaghy & Sons ltd Offers:
Applicants should be 18 years or over.
Closing date Thursday 20th January 2022.